First things first:
This isn't the "real" Legacy Challenge the way most players do it. I don't have a lot of time to play, and I wanted to be able to simply play through ten generations of a sim family.
Of course, I've applied some rules for myself. I don't use cheats. I try to marry only townies or NPCs, but if my sim falls madly in love with a character I created at some other time, who am I to deny them true love? (hehe) But I do not create a sim in the neighborhood intending to marry that person into my legacy family. Other than that, pretty much anything goes in my version of the challenge.
I've also introduced a historical aspect. My first generation is living in about 1820, and each new generation jumps 20 years. Of course, there are no specific birth or death dates, so I use this system as a guide to take my ten-generation family to present day (the year 2000).
Additionally, please forgive me if costumes aren't exactly correct according to time period. For example, from 1820-1900 (1st-5th gen), you may find my families wearing the same outfits. I didn't have much custom content to choose from! :-)
So, that's it! Tonight I'll be posting 1st-3rd generation photos and brief stories. That's as far as I've gotten! Only 7 more generations to go!
CLOTHING: I downloaded all my Victorian/Period clothing from:
All About Style
TO NAVIGATE: Start on the left side of the page, and click the post titled, "FOUNDER: Evelyn Harris" At the bottom of each post, hit "Newer Post" to view the next story in order of how it happened. Thanks!
G
No comments:
Post a Comment